Re: Adaptive images

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 17:05:32 -0400
To: public-html@w3.org
On 5/30/11 10:07 AM, Simon Pieters wrote:
> 3. Use a single image that is supports progressive rendering and let the
> UA abort the download when it has downloaded enough (like with <video>).

This solution doesn't work very well with pipelining.  Not an issue for
video, where you don't want to pipeline it with other things anyway, in
the common case, but a serious problem for images, imo.

Can we just use media queries but not call the attribute "media"?  Or
evangelize the sites involved?  How many were there?

-Boris