Re: Last Call decision poll

Philippe Le Hegaret, Tue, 17 May 2011 17:22:39 +0200:
> On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 14:44 +0300, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> html/xhtml authoring doesn't say anything explicit in its status on
> whether a REC or a Note. It says however "Note that this recommendation
> does not define how HTML5-conforming user agents should process HTML
> documents.", so one could infer that it's intended to become a REC as
> well.

Philippe, could you update the title of the document in the poll? The
title of the compatibility document - in the poll - is not the same the
document itself uses.

Poll (and the home page of the HTML wg) has:
	"HTML/XHTML Compatibility Authoring Guidelines "

Document itself:
	"Polyglot Markup: HTML-Compatible XHTML Documents"

For all the other documents in the poll, the name in the poll and the
name of the document itself, have clear correspondence.

The name used by the document reflects discussing in the working group
and even within TAG. The poll (and the homepage) ought to use the title
which the document uses. The name used by the document itself IMHO
gives a much better view of what it contains than the informal name
used in the poll and the homepage. The name used in the poll reminds
about Appendix C - and some other Notes that have been published with
similar content. From my point of view, the Polyglot Markup document
goes much longer than pure "authoring guidelines" - it attempts to
reach as far as possible w.r.t. identical DOMs in XML and HTML.
(Clearly, the degree of identical DOMs sought for in that document, is
not always important.)

Leif H Silli