Re: Last Call decision poll

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 08:47:52 +0200
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
CC: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, "Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net)" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "Maciej Stachowiak (mjs@apple.com)" <mjs@apple.com>, "Philippe Le Hegaret (plh@w3.org)" <plh@w3.org>, "Michael(tm) Smith (mike@w3.org)" <mike@w3.org>
On 2011-05-18 01:31, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On May 17, 2011, at 3:02 PM, Paul Cotton wrote:
>
>>> Why are we having a last call poll on a draft that isn't even published yet?
>>
>> The poll is to permit WG members to express their position on whether each candidate document should be moved to Last Call Working Draft status.  We have provided a link to each document for your review.  The documents are linked to in the poll itself and in the announcement message.
>
> The links are to the editor's draft.  Even if there are no changes made
> during the polling process, we know that there will be changes made
> *after* the poll is complete and the dated links only work for
> published drafts.  So the external links that I make to sections within
> the document as part of my review will be short-lived and confusing
> unless I go back and republish the review with updated links to the
> new dated documents that are going to be published anyway regardless
> of the WG last call decision.

Exactly.

Note that that editor's draft just gained a normative dependency on CORS
(<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/html5/spec/Overview.html?r1=1.4940&r2=1.4941&f=h>).

Best regards, Julian