Re: Request to Reconsider ISSUE-80 Decision

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 05:43:15 +0200
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Michael(tm) Smith (mike@w3.org) <mike@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, philippe.w3c@rednote.net
I support the subgroup's request to re-open.

However, instead of placing authoring restriction on the use of @title
for caption content, I hereby submit another Change Proposal that
instead makes it a requirement that HTML5-compatible user agents
provides device independent access to @ttile in general, and access to
@title when @alt is lacking in particular.

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/EnTitle

With regards,
Leif H Silli

Maciej Stachowiak, Sat, 14 May 2011 19:58:11 -0700: