Re: device independent title attribute support in browsers and follow up question

On May 7, 2011, at 11:44 AM, Steve Faulkner wrote:

> Hi Maciej,
>
> thanks for the reply,
>
> So just to be clear, there are no concrete plans for webkit to provide access to title attribute content for keyboard users?

Like I said before: "Apple does not generally give specific details regarding future product plans." I can't tell you anything about concrete feature plans at this time. I am specifically *not* saying that there are no plans, I'm just not free to comment on specific plans. Sorry if this is not as helpful as it could be, it's just company policy.

> note: I am referring to webkit cross platform.

I don't know anything about the plans of other vendors of WebKit-based browsers, and I don't know offhand whether any functionality to be added here would be in cross-platform or platform-specific parts of the code. There are many Google representatives on this list, including several who work on Chrome, and they may be in a position to tell you whether Google is interested in such functionality.

Regards,
Maciej