Re: feedback requested: Canvas change for improved hit testing that also facilitates accessibility

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:04:16 -0400
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
CC: public-canvas-api@w3.org, public-html@w3.org, public-html-a11y@w3.org, public-html-request@w3.org, chuck@jumis.com, cyns@exchange.microsoft.com, david.bolter@gmail.com, faulkner.steve@gmail.com, franko@microsoft.com
On 3/30/11 10:55 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> Seeing as nobody has commented can we assume that developers have no
> problem with our totally changing the canvas 2D API to support clickable
> regions?

It might just mean that people don't read their mailing list spam every
few hours.

 From reading over your proposal, I'm not sure I follow how it would
behave in the face of DOM mutations (e.g. elements being removed from
the fallback content).

Or put another way, once you draw, you're permanently attaching some
element to the canvas, right?  Or is that not the proposal?

-Boris