W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > March 2011

Re: ISSUE-147: playbackrate-undefined - Straw Poll for Objections

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:00:54 -0400
Message-ID: <4D907876.1070102@intertwingly.net>
To: Philip J├Ągenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org
On 03/28/2011 02:11 AM, Philip J├Ągenstedt wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 02:59:52 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Paul Cotton
>> <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote:
>>> ISSUE-147: playbackrate-undefined - Straw Poll for Objections
>>>
>>> The poll is available here and it will run through Mon April 4:
>>>
>>> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-147-objection-poll/
>>
>> This is premature, as I'm still waiting for responses from Microsoft
>> and others before I can write a proposal for this issue.
>>
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0394.html
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0359.html
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0355.html
>
> I would also like to see this hold off for a bit, I object to both
> proposals and would have submitted a zero-change proposal if I was aware
> that the issue was going to be put to a poll so soon. (It's entirely
> possible that this is no one's fault by my own, but the request still
> stands.)

Key historical dates [with selected message numbers]:
   09-29 bug opened
   10-12 bug marked WONTFIX by Ian
   11-29 issue opened
   02-05 change proposal received from Frank Olivier
   02-09 Call for Alternates (closed 10 March) [0197]
   03-11 Call for Consensus (closed 18 March) [0264]
   03-17 I made it clear that the absolute deadline was 18 Mar [0346]
   03-18 Second change proposal (and a request for a poll)
   03-19 Last post on this issue on the mailing list [0405]
   03-27 Survey posted

We also review all of the key dates each telecon, and both the agenda 
and minutes are posted.

The chairs will discuss this request between 4pm and 5pm Eastern today, 
but I will share the position that I am going into that discussion with: 
I am absolutely opposed to any delay based on the mere possibility of a 
Change Proposal at some point in the future.

We have 25 open issues to close (which means "edits applied to the 
draft") between now an April 22nd[1].

If something is produced in the next 36 hours I would support adding it 
to the existing survey and extending the closure date by a corresponding 
amount of time.

Meanwhile, assume that everything that has yet to go to a survey will do 
so by April 1st.

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0074.html
Received on Monday, 28 March 2011 12:01:29 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:17:26 GMT