CfC: Close ISSUE-144 conforming-u by Amicable Resolution

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 07:16:35 -0400
To: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 02/24/2011 07:42 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> The current status for this issue:

> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-144
>
> - We have a change proposal to make <u> conforming:
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/UShouldBeConforming
>
> At this time the Chairs would also like to solicit any other alternate
> Change Proposals (possibly with "zero edits" as the Proposal Details),
> in case anyone would like to advocate the status quo or a different
> change than the specific one in the existing Change Proposals.
>
> If no counter-proposals or alternate proposals are received by March
> 25th, 2011, we will proceed to evaluate the change proposal that we have
> received to date.

As we have received no counter-proposals or alternate proposals, the
chairs are issuing a call for consensus on the proposal that we do have.
  If no objections are raised to this call by April 2st 2011, we will
direct the editor to make the proposed change.  If anybody would like to
raise an objection during this time, we strongly encourage them to
accompany their objection with a concrete and complete change proposal.

- Sam Ruby