Re: Option 3

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> wrote:
>> The fact that W3C claims a copyright on the document does add a whole
>> lot of explicit restrictions though, right? Specifically, it adds
>> basically limits all forms of copying except the ones afforded by fair
>> use.
>
> Since when is the presence of a copyright notice the only proof needed that
> some aspects of a work are actually copyrightable or copyrighted?

Ah, I think I see what you are saying. Yes, putting a copyright notice
is not proof that a work is copyright*able* or copyright*ed*.

However I don't see how that is relevant to this discussion as I think
it is undisputed that the documents discussed here are in fact
copyrightable as well as copyrighted by W3C.

/ Jonas