Re: Option 3

On 03/23/2011 01:55 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

>> The question you posed was:
>>
>> "So can we combine code released under the GPL with a work released
>> under this license into one larger program?"
>>
>> The answer to that question is
>>
>> "Yes, it is possible to combine code released under the GPL with a work
>> released under this license into one larger program"
>
> No, the answer is no, as I explained in the paragraphs immediately
> following the one you quoted.

The statements "it is possible" and "is it not possible in every case"
are not in contradictory.

Again, I will point out that you seem to be interpreting the FAQ in a
way that the authors clearly do not intend.  I encourage you to bring
this to the attention of the that authors of the FAQ, and perhaps they
will clarify this point for you.

>> Meanwhile, nothing in the corner case you believe you have found affects
>> any of the use cases that this working group put forward.
>
> It affects GPL compatibility, since it poses an additional restriction.

 From the original post[1] "This Option 3 license, however,
contains no express restrictions on downstream uses".

- Sam Ruby

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0143