Re: ISSUE-155 counter proposal

Btw, I checked the spec myself. And it turns out that it actually
treats the bare presence of the @border attribute - regardless of its
value - as a presentational hint that the there should be a 1 pixel
wide border: [1]

]]
table[border] > tr > td, table[border] > tr > th,
table[border] > thead > tr > td, table[border] > thead > tr > th,
table[border] > tbody > tr > td, table[border] > tbody > tr > th,
table[border] > tfoot > tr > td, table[border] > tfoot > tr > th {
  border-width: 1px;
}
[[

Which means that there is no expectation that there is a border when
there is *not* a border.

Since my CP says that only border="1" (<table border="1">) should be
valid, then I struggle to see why it is not possible with an amicable
solution here ...

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/rendering.html#punctuation-and-decorations

Leif Halvard Silli

Leif Halvard Silli, Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:03:46 +0100: