Re: Issue 27 and IETF Prague

On 22.03.2011 20:07, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> The IETF will be meeting next week in Prague and one of the agenda items
> there will be related to issue 27, rel ownership [1]. It is very likely
> that the meeting will lead to results that could influence the current
> straw poll for objections [2]. Therefore, Mark Nottingham, wearing his
> IETF liaison hat, suggested that we might want to move the deadline for
> the survey in light of IETF Prague.
>
> Would the Chairs be willing to move the deadline for [2] to be April
> 1st, instead of March 24?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Philippe

I agree that the timing for the poll is very bad.

That being said, I'm not sure how a seven-day extension into the IETF
week helps. *If* something new comes up during that time, it would need
to be reflected in one or more new Change Proposals, no?

As much as I'd like to get this one resolved, rushing it now is unlikely
to produce a result we won't need to revisit again. As co-author of one
of the CPs I agree to postpone this, and to discuss the new timing in
*two* weeks.

Best regards, Julian