Re: ISSUE-127: link-type-flags - Straw Poll for Objections

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:33:31 -0800
Cc: HTML WG LIST <public-html@w3.org>
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
On Mar 11, 2011, at 4:27 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
> What we have said to date is that nobody should assume that we will look at anything other than the Change Proposal and objections presented.  In more recent decisions, we have tried to hold more closely to that principle, but we do allow people to post their objections to www-archive or public-html and reference them via a URI.

That's incredibly annoying.  Is the list discussion considered
or not?  The selection and timing of straw polls is arbitrary
at best and certainly not aligned with the free time of respondents.
The commentary on list should be wrapped up and referenced as
part of the poll, just like it is done in other W3C groups.

....Roy