Re: hit testing and retained graphics

Am 29.06.11 17:11 schrieb "John Foliot" unter <jfoliot@stanford.edu>:

>Paul Bakaus wrote:
>>
>> there are very few production
>> apps out there that could benefit largely from increased accessibility
>> on the canvas object itself.
>
>In other words, you will happily ship a work product that does not meet
>accessibility requirements? I just want to be 100% crystal clear here, as
>this is how I am interpreting that statement.

Define work product.

Do I happily ship a game that does not meet accessibility requirements?
Yes! Maybe not happily, but I will ship it. Should we not drive cars
because blind people can't drive them yet? I would love to create and
improve existing games that can be played by a even broader variety of
people, as this is one of the main goals Zynga strives to achieve. It
hasn't been done yet (to my knowledge), as this is a much broader
discussion about not only the tech, but game mechanics, etc. As much as I
hate to say it, there are things that are simply very difficult to enjoy
with certain disabilities, and it requires much more thought to open games
up than just tech.

I am a big believer of accessibility. I pushed hard to get ARIA into
jQuery UI, and I participated on various accessibility panels.