Re: revert request for change made to the HTML5 spec 23/05/2011

+1 to revert. This breaks accessibility. Authors use <span> and apply ARIA
to it, in the sub DOM, to produce custom accessible content. This change
breaks it. It is safe to say that ANYTHING drawn on canvas is custom.

Why is a change of this magnitude being made without a formal process being
adhered to?

I would add that the person who made this change should not be making
statement about what it takes to make something accessible.

Sorry for the slow response. I am supposed to be on vacation.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
CTO Accessibility Software Group