Re: Adaptive images

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 22:44:02 -0400
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>

Le 31 mai 2011 à 22:08, Maciej Stachowiak a écrit :
> I also don't think a solution that requires the server to make the choice by sending it a special header is very good. It is not usable in server-free environments such as widgets or ebooks.

It might be a little bit off-track but I wonder what is the processing model of epub files, once the zipped bundle is downloaded. Basically, I naïvely wonder why once downloaded and unpacked it is not possible to create a Web server where the root is the root of the epub file. It could be an in memory HTTP server.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/