Re: HTML Editing APIs specification ready for implementer feedback

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:32:35 -0400
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: public-html@w3.org
On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> The HTML5 spec just entered it's first LC. Why not enhance it in place?

Ian doesn't have the time to edit everything, and he asked me to write
a separate specification for this so he doesn't have to.  Also, I was
under the impression that we're not supposed to be adding major new
features to HTML5 at this point, and I have trouble seeing what would
constitute a major new feature more than fifty pages of newly-written
spec test with no review or implementations.  But as I said, the spec
I wrote is CC0, so if Ian or anyone else wants to publish it in some
form at the W3C, they're welcome to.  I don't think it's likely,
though.