HTML Editing APIs specification ready for implementer feedback

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 17:31:43 -0400
To: public-html@w3.org
Since February, I've been working on writing a detailed specification
for browser editing, primarily the document.execCommand() and
document.queryCommand*() methods.  At this point, it's stable and
complete enough that I believe it's ready for serious review by
implementers, and I would like as much detailed feedback as possible.
The full announcement is on the whatwg list, which I've been using for
discussing it:

http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2011-July/032630.html

I'm posting this here as a heads-up for anyone who might be
interested, since what I've written is presumably going to supersede
the corresponding part of the HTML5 spec.  Unless requested by an
employer, I do not intend to submit the specification for publication
by the W3C.  However, it's licensed under CC0, so anyone who's
interested can do whatever they like with it, including publish it in
some form at the W3C.