Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-150 code-point-verbosity by Amicable Resolution

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:17:32 -0700
To: public-html@w3.org
Paul Cotton wrote:

>> If no objections are raised to this call by July 12th 2011, we will
>> direct the editor to make the proposed change.
>
> At this time, we find that we have consensus on the following proposal
> for ISSUE-150:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0120.html

Personally, I don't have any opinion on how code points should be
mentioned in the spec. I find both the current method and the proposed
method to be fine, hence my lack of objection by the deadline above. But
I don't recall any other implementors stating a strong opinion either.
Given that everyone seems to be implementing things just fine with the
spec as is, I'm struggling to come up with a compelling reason for this
working group to direct the editor to make such a large edit to the spec
over such a purely editorial matter. I think we should leave this to the
editor's discretion.

Ted