This thread is huge - suggested actions (was Re: [Moderator Action] hit testing and retained graphics)

Hi Folks,

This thread has now gotten very long. While much of it is useful discussion, I suspect at this point it is hard for many in the WG to follow, and I also see some points being repeated. At this point, I'd like to make a few suggestions:

(1) When posting on this thread, consider carefully whether you are actually adding genuinely new to the discussion or just repeating points that were already made.
(2) Consider condensing this discussion into specific bug reports.
(3) Consider gathering data on the wiki, for example summarizing key points on the thread, or collecting use cases, or outlining a proposal.

Regards,
Maciej