Re: hit testing and retained graphics

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 08:32:26 -0500
To: paniz alipour <alipourpaniz@gmail.com>
Cc: chuck@jumis.com, cyns@exchange.microsoft.com, david.bolter@gmail.com, franko@microsoft.com, Mike@w3.org, public-canvas-api@w3.org, public-html@w3.org, public-html-a11y@w3.org

Hi Paniz,

I am not quite following you. Could you please provide more detail?

Rich Schwerdtfeger
CTO Accessibility Software Group

From:	paniz alipour <alipourpaniz@gmail.com>
To:	Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:	chuck@jumis.com, franko@microsoft.com, Mike@w3.org,
            david.bolter@gmail.com, cyns@exchange.microsoft.com,
            public-canvas-api@w3.org, public-html-a11y@w3.org,
Date:	07/07/2011 06:32 AM
Subject:	Re: hit testing and retained graphics

Hello to all,

Maybe you think that this question is not related to this discussion,

But I want to know whether the web widget that are located on canvas,

are they incredible .I mean a check box with height 70,weight 70,

or no it will design as the common web widget on websites?

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
  Charles, Frank, Mike,

  I am back from vacation. How far do we need to go with hit testing? Right
  now I am looking at associating a closed draw path with a DOM object in
  the canvas subtree. We would then need to address the routing of pointing
  device input events to the DOM object. The drawing path can be used to
  provide bound information to platform accessibility API.

  Do we need to bind any other drawing properties to the canvas object -
  similar to the way device context's are handled on graphic subsystems
  like Windows?

  Mike, I am including you as before I went on vacation you indicated that
  a number of developers desired this feature and wanted to be involved.

  Rich Schwerdtfeger
  CTO Accessibility Software Group

Paniz Alipour

(image/gif attachment: graycol.gif)