Re: hit testing and retained graphics

hi ben,

It have seen it mentioned elsehwere that remote machine access is not an
appropaiate use of canvas.
I didn't ask about any particular user groups, but you chose to rephrase my
question.

Let me make it clear, i do not believe providing a duplicate shadow DOM
interface for remote OS/applications represented in the browser using canvas
as practical.

But i do think in this case and other cases, the provision of programmatic
focus on a defined area of the canvas is both practical and desirable.

For example if I increase the magnification in my browser to 200%, when an
element or object receives focus is offscreen, the view changes so it is no
longer offscreen. This does not happen if the objects are represented on the
canvas, regardless of whether they are local or remote.

regards
stevef

--
with regards