Re: "the rel attribute nolonger describes the direction of a relationship"

From: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:42:43 -0800
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:16, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:14 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> this is a quote from <http://microformats.org/wiki/html5#Issues>:
>>>
>>> ".... In HTML5, rel and rev are no-longer paired, and the rel attribute
>>> nolonger describes the direction of a relationship. Microformats which use
>>> rev will need to use rel instead."
>>>
>>> If this was the case (@rel not implying a direction), this would be very
>>> very bad.
>>>
>>> Tantek -- did you write this? How did you come to this conclusion?
>>
>> The revision history shows that it was part of the original page,
>> created by Ben Ward
>> <http://microformats.org/wiki/index.php?title=html5&oldid=27860>.
>>
>> I don't know how he came to that conclusion, but I've added a
>> correction.  I'm thinking about just removing it entirely.
>
> I've gone ahead and removed the section, and replaced it with a
> top-level section describing the removal of @rev and its effects on
> Microdata vocabs.

I think it was just an unintended first-draft error.

Thanks Tab for the update - appreciated.

I've gone-ahead and tweaked it a bit further using the concrete XFN
parent/child relationships as an example.

Tantek

P.S. Feel free to raise such issues/questions regarding any
microformats.org page on the microformats-discuss mailing list:

http://microformats.org/discuss

--
http://tantek.com/ - I made an HTML5 tutorial! http://tantek.com/html5