Re: CfC: close ISSUE-128 figure-in-p by amicable resolution

Paul Cotton, Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:08:24 +0000:
> Henri Sivonen wrote:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0278.html
>> I hereby withdraw ISSUE-128 and the associated Change Proposal that
>> I have filed per step "0. Amicable Resolution" in the Escalation
>> Process documented in the HTML Working Group Decision Policy.
>
> Since the original change proposal for ISSUE-128 has been withdrawn,
> the chairs are issuing a call for consensus on the counter proposal
> that we do have.  See the counter proposal in:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Oct/0055.html
>
> If no objections are raised to this call by 2 February 2011, we will
> direct the editor to implement the counter proposal which makes no
> changes to the specification.  If anybody would like to raise an
> objection during this time, we strongly encourage them to accompany
> their objection with a concrete and complete change proposal.

I must then object.

It was not 100% true of Henri to state that there were no support for
his proposal: Henri invited others to co-edit his proposal, and I added
some wordings, that Henri accepted and took in (although he mailed me
that he altered some of what I wrote).

I offer as concrete an complete change proposal the existing proposal
by Henri, with contributions from myself. Is that enough? If it _not_
enough, what then? If I offered a new proposal, would there then be a
new poll? The only things that perhaps could be given more weight in
Henri's proposal, are the accessibility concerns - a permission to use
<figure> inside a <p> would mean that authors would be hindered from
giving it a <figcaption> label just because it appears inside a
paragraph.

With regards,
Leif Halvard Silli