Re: An HTML5 logo

From: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:12:21 -0800
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Cc: Jeremy Keith <jeremy@adactio.com>, public-html <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 13:34, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:

> [snip]
>
>>> ARE HTML5 TECHNOLOGIES READY TO USE?
>>
>> ...  I'd prefer wording more like:
>>
>> "
>> Yes. The HTML5 specification contains a broad set of technologies at
>> varying degrees of adoption and standardization. In addition there are
>> related Web API technologies such as the Geolocation API specification
>> which in particular is a Candidate Recommendation, is believed to be
>> stable, and recommended for implementation by the developer community.
>> "
>
> How about this friendly amendment that doesn't go into status information
> for a particular spec:
>
> "Yes. The HTML5 specification contains a broad set of technologies at
> varying degrees of adoption and implementation. W3C encourages people to use
> the technologies (and actively calls for implementation during the Candidate
> Recommendation period) and provide feedback to the Working Groups in order
> to improve specification quality."

Looks good to me.

>> Etc. and similar changes on the logo home page http://www.w3.org/html/logo
>>
>> If this kind of feedback is of interest, I'm more than happy to write
>> up a set of similar suggested edits.
>
> By all means, thanks!

Thanks again for soliciting this feedback and the rapid responsiveness
that you've shown. It's certainly restored a lot of my confidence in
W3C Communications.

I've written up a few more suggested edits:

http://tantek.com/2011/024/b1/w3c-updates-html5-logo-messaging-faq#more-suggestions

Thanks for your consideration,

Tantek

--