Re: script execution corner case: timing of running a script created from a javascript: URL inside an IFRAME

From: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:04:38 -0800
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: "Hallvord R. M. Steen" <hallvord@opera.com>, public-html@w3.org
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> Does it even make sense to try to standardise the behaviour here?
>>

> Imo, yes.  At least the sync-vs-async thing for javascript: could use
> standardizing.

I agree.

I believe WebKit is sync for javascript, data and empty URLs. Being sync for
these cases is so much more convenient for web developers that have to deal
with iframes. Especially as we are starting to add APIs for using iframes in
lighter-weight contexts (e.g. seamless), this will become more important.

Are there any disadvantages to making these cases sync?

Ojan