Re: An HTML5 logo

On 1/19/11 4:16 AM, Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Jeremy Keith<jeremy@adactio.com>  wrote:
>> What is the remit of the W3C Communications Team? (I couldn't find a URL). If it is to confuse and conflate separate technologies in the minds of web developers ...top job!
>
> That ship has already sailed.  It's unlikely to cause a problem that
> "HTML5" is both a particular standard and an official buzzword.

I've seen it cause plenty of problems where people claim that "HTML5"
specifies something that's actually only present in some random CSS
working group editor's draft....

The ship may have sailed, but a number of people and organizations
worked hard to make it sail this particular way, unfortunately,
deliberately obfuscating the term "HTML5" for marketing purposes.

-Boris