RE: An HTML5 logo

I'm maybe the wrong audience for logos, since this one looks altogether too "superman-ish" (perhaps that is because of the darn sunburst effect emanating from the center in the first context I saw it in).

On a more serious level, (imagining, for a moment, that I might be able to take logos seriously -- marketing, branding, and the like are all slightly foreign to me): the SVG code underlying the thing is a bit odd:

a) writing "HTML" as a series of four paths (e.g.:"H"= <path d="M108.382,0h23.077v22.8h21.11V0h23.078v69.044H152.57v-23.12h-21.11v23.12h-23.077V0z"/> ) seems rather counterintuitive.

b) SVG should be accessible; particularly, something of this sort: a logo after all. <desc> and <title> tags might help out in that regard. I prefer text to be text. Surely there must be a way for SVG to render text consistently across user agents!

c) do we really need so many digits of accuracy to draw an H-like shape? Integer arithmetic is so much more accessible.

d) the Illustrator cruft at the top of the file prevents it from rendering properly without reload in IE+ASV.

e) we don't really need a <switch> do we? And what on earth is <g i:extraneous="self"> Check http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Quibik/Editing_SVG_files_manually for some tips on decrufting Illustrator output.

f) rendering a "5" as a series of four polygons, really is a bit inaccessible. I realize that the two on the left are meant to be darker than the other two, but that could be done with a mask based on the underlying content, which would make more sense semantically, que no? Of course if we did that then would could have a logo which doubles as an acid test, since some browsers don't render masks properly yet!

g) It is awfully rectilinear, but then in a way so is HTML5, so maybe that isn't a complaint. Perhaps if the thing were rendered as a rectangle with a non-affine transform applied (to warp the shape and the 5 with it) that would bring in the beauty of transforms in both CSS and SVG.

h) probably a few well placed <title> tags in the SVG would be enough to quiet my fussiness, but I'kk still think of poor Christopher Reeve every time I see it.

i) has WOFF once and for all been decided as preferable to SVG fonts?

cheers
David