W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > February 2011

RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-02-03: Issues, survey, A11y TF mini-report, Bug 11984

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:28:19 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
CC: "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>
Message-ID: <104E6B5B6535E849970CDFBB1C5216EB3D02C694@TK5EX14MBXC136.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2011/02/10-html-wg-minutes.html

- DRAFT -

HTML Weekly Teleconference

10 Feb 2011

 Agenda

Attendees

Present: Plh, Julian, eliot, paulc, [Microsoft], adrianba, Sam, Radhika_Roy, Cynthia_Shelly, shan, dsinger
Regrets
Chair: Sam Ruby
Scribe: Adrian Bateman

Contents

Topics
1.ACTION items due by Thursday, February 10
2.New Issues This Week
3.Items Closed Last Week
4.Items Closing This Week
5.Items Closing Next Week
6.New Calls this week
7.New Surveys this week
8.Other Business
9.Scribe for next meeting
10.Adjournment

Summary of Action Items

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACTION items due by Thursday, February 10

ACTION-193?

<trackbot> ACTION-193 -- Paul Cotton to and co-chairs to investigate how to handle standardization of websrt -- due 2011-02-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/193

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-193: And co-chairs to investigate how to handle standardization of websrt - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

plh: one of the things we seeing is the the current potential fragmentation between tv content and user generated content on the internet
 ... there is discussion in an fcc group about what to use
 ... so this could potentially cause fragmentation
 ... we're not ready to create a group yet but we're investigating what to captioning format to use
 ... we may end up with two which wouldn't be an ideal solution
 ... let's update in 3 weeks

ACTION-193 due 3 weeks

<trackbot> ACTION-193 And co-chairs to investigate how to handle standardization of websrt due date now 3 weeks

rubys: now owned by plh

New Issues This Week

rubys: pleased to report no new issues this week

Items Closed Last Week

ISSUE-128?

<trackbot> ISSUE-128 -- Authors should be able to use <figure> where <img> can be used -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/128

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-128: Authors should be able to use where can be used - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: was a call for consensus, determined we didn't have consensus, likely to proceed with a survey

ISSUE-147?

<trackbot> ISSUE-147 -- playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent can't play back at the requested rate -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/147

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-147: playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent cant play back at the requested rate - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: we have a change proposal, call for counter proposals has been issued

ISSUE-148?

<trackbot> ISSUE-148 -- Algorithm for detecting the charset="" parameter -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/148

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-148: Algorithm for detecting the charset="" parameter - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: we have a change proposal and a call for counter proposals has been issued

ISSUE-149?

<trackbot> ISSUE-149 -- Use markup compatible with both HTML/XML syntax in examples -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/149

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-149: Use markup compatible with both HTML/XML syntax in examples - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: we didn't receive any change proposals and the issue was therefore closed without prejudice

<rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0160.html

<pimpbot> Title: Re: ISSUE-149 (polyglot-examples): Chairs Solicit Proposals from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-02-07 (public-html@w3.org from February 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

ISSUE-151?

<trackbot> ISSUE-151 -- Remove WhatWG and html5.org references in status section of document -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/151

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-151: Remove WhatWG and html5.org references in status section of document - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: we received both a change proposal and a counter proposal - since this is a last call issue it will probably remain in this state for a while
 ... any questions or comments?

Items Closing This Week

ISSUE-127?

<trackbot> ISSUE-127 -- Simplify characterization of link types -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/127

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-127: Simplify characterization of link types - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: this is due by saturday, not aware of any counter proposals yet

ISSUE-130?

<trackbot> ISSUE-130 -- allow tables to be used for layout purposes -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/130

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-130: allow tables to be used for layout purposes - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: same status, due saturday and no counter proposals received yet

ISSUE-150?

<trackbot> ISSUE-150 -- consider reducing verbosity when talking about code points -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-150: consider reducing verbosity when talking about code points - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: i am aware of a counter proposal in progress that is yet to be submitted, also due saturday

Items Closing Next Week

ISSUE-122?

<trackbot> ISSUE-122 -- alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/122

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-122: alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: we issued a call for a revision and steve has revised the proposal - up to the chairs to consider that
 ... Laura has asked for her proposal to be considered for issue-31

New Calls this week

ISSUE-135?

<trackbot> ISSUE-135 -- put back direct link to the W3C version of the canvas 2d context spec -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/135

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-135: put back direct link to the W3C version of the canvas 2d context spec - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-146?

<trackbot> ISSUE-146 -- <video> should allow muted as a content attribute -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/146

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-146: should allow muted as a content attribute - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-147?

<trackbot> ISSUE-147 -- playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent can't play back at the requested rate -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/147

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-147: playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent cant play back at the requested rate - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-148?

<trackbot> ISSUE-148 -- Algorithm for detecting the charset="" parameter -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/148

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-148: Algorithm for detecting the charset="" parameter - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: in all four cases we have a proposal and have asked for counter proposals with due date of mar 10

New Surveys this week

ISSUE-129?

<trackbot> ISSUE-129 -- replace or modify the ARIA section of the HTML5 spec -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/129

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-129: replace or modify the ARIA section of the HTML5 spec - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<rubys> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-129-objection-poll/

rubys: there is a poll here - two responses so far

julian: what happened to issue-124?

ISSUE-124?

<trackbot> ISSUE-124 -- nofollow/noreferrer not allowed on <link> -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/124

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-124: nofollow/noreferrer not allowed on - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

rubys: i'll check into it - i don't see a poll that's out yet

<Julian> merci

Other Business

rubys: first up a11y tf mini-report
 ... janina indicated that there are more things to cover

janina: i can go down the list of open issues if that's helpful

paulc: just so we don't lose track of this - last week we said we would issue a survey for issue-124 but it hasn't been issued
 ... i'll remind my co-chairs, my apologies for interrupting

janina: i think what we've heard in the past that some of the larger concern is around ISSUE-9 media a11y
 ... i think we've provided most of the guidance we intend to
 ... the one last thing is multiple tracks of binary data and keeping them in sync like chapter markings
 ... i wonder if issue-9 and issue-142 being open at the same time makes sense
 ... the other issue is under text alternatives - you recall we provide a gap analysis between websrt/vtt and ttml
 ... it's back on the table because of the fcc investigation and possible US regulatory changes about TV on the internet
 ... fcc is at the stage of having started a group including SMPTE who have a version of the TTML spec
 ... we had some discussion of this the other day and want to see if we can provide additional guidance to w3c about this
 ... we also have an open issue on poster
 ... we're going to try very hard to close those this month

rubys: thank you, any questions or comments?
 ... hearing none, thank you janina
 ... moving on to bug 11984

<rubys> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11984

<pimpbot> 11http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11984 contributor, P3, RESOLVED FIXED, 13Simplify <video> for implementors and authors by ignoring the Content-Type HTTP header

<pimpbot> 1111984: contributor, P3, RESOLVED FIXED, 13Simplify <video> for implementors and authors by ignoring the Content-Type HTTP header

rubys: this we have an objection from julian - the chairs are actively discussing it

<rubys> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12029

<pimpbot> 1112029: rubys, P2, NEW, 13Define a process for "particularly exceptional circumstances"

rubys: we have opened a process bug on this
 ... essentially we defined that no new features should be added except for particularly exceptional circumstances
 ... it's not clear that is being followed
 ... we haven't closed this and are actively working on it
 ... any questions?
 ... hearing none, any other business?

Scribe for next meeting

rubys: will be maciej's turn to chair - any volunteers to scribe?
 ... hearing none, i'll volunteer

Adjournment

rubys: meeting adjourned, thanks everyone

Summary of Action Items
 [End of minutes]

-----Original Message-----
From: public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-wg-announce-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Sam Ruby
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 11:18 AM
To: HTML WG Announce
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-02-03: Issues, survey, A11y TF mini-report, Bug 11984

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2011-02-10 for up to 60 minutes from 17:00Z to 18:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/1yrv

Tokyo 02:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby
Scribe: Adrian Bateman

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thursday, February 10

a) ACTION-193: And co-chairs to investigate how to handle
    standardization of websrt [Paul Cotton]
    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/193

2. New Issues This Week:

None

3. Items Closed Last Week

a) ISSUE-128: figure-in-p, Call for Consensus closed Feb 2
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0369.html

b) ISSUE-147: playbackrate-undefined, Change Proposals due Feb 6
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0021.html

c) ISSUE-148: charset-detect, Change Proposals due Feb 6
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0020.html

d) ISSUE-149: polyglot-examples, Change Proposals due Feb 6
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0022.html

e) ISSUE-151: whatwg-references, Change Proposals due Feb 6
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0023.html

4. Items Closing This Week

a) ISSUE-127: link-type-flags, Alternate or Counter Proposals due Feb 12
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0116.html

b) ISSUE-130: table-layout, Alternate or Counter Proposals due Feb 12
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0117.html

c) ISSUE-150: code-point-verbosity, Change Proposals due Feb 12
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jan/0115.html

5. Items Closing Next Week

a) ISSUE-122: shalott-example, Call for Revisions due Feb 14
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0159.html

6. New Calls this week

a) ISSUE-135: link-canvas-spec
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0195.html

b) ISSUE-146: video-content-muted
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0196.html

c) ISSUE-147: playbackrate-undefined
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0197.html

d) ISSUE-148: charset-detect
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0198.html

7. New Surveys this week

a) ISSUE-129 aria-mapping
    http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-129-objection-poll/

8. Other Business

a) Accessibility Task Force mini-report: items not covered in last
    weeks meeting that can't wait until next week

b) Bug 11984 and request to revert changes
    http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11984
    http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=5835&to=5836
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0114.html

9. Scribe for next meeting

10. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge
+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.26.46.79.03, +44.203.318.0479
code: HTML (4865)
Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Received on Thursday, 10 February 2011 17:30:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:17:22 GMT