ISSUE-140 CPP — no conformance versions

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 14:19:13 +0100
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

Rationale: As previously resolved HTML is a language without versions.
Introducing versions for conformance goes against this idea and will give
the impression there is a difference between an "HTML5 conforming
document" and an "HTML6 conforming document". The suggestion in the Change
Proposal that applicable specifications could define their own terms will
lead to a myriad of definitions related to HTML conformance and will not
make the situation any clearer than simply using what is there today.

Details: No change.

Impact: By not introducing versions in HTML conformance we keep it clear
HTML does not use versions and we prevent the need to introduce lots of
definitions around HTML conformance.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/