Re: Call for a poll of the html wg on removal of hgroup was Re: review of hgroup element prior to last call.

If we have a poll on this topic, it will at best be advisory. We will follow the usual decision policy for hgroup. Since the bug on hgroup was not filed by the October 1st cutoff, it is not eligible to be treated as a pre-Last Call issue. Since hgroup has been in the draft for a long time with no significant changes, we are not going to treat this as a post-cutoff change that reduces consensus. I do not see anything about hgroup that requires inventing a special ad-hoc process.

Regards,
Maciej