Re: HTML Canvas 2D Context Extensions - for review

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 11:41:00 -0600
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, HTML Accessibility Task Force <public-html-a11y@w3.org>

If we have the ability to apply bounds to objects in canvas (the hit
testing API extensions) I could live with what Ian has for
drawSystemFocusRing and drawCustomFocusRing with some tweeks. I mean it is
mostly the Same drawFocusRing divided into two separate APIs. One change
would be to remove the step of observing systems settings for focus ring
style of a custom focus ring. That makes no sense. If an author wants to
create a custom focus ring and not follow system conventions then why have
the step in a custom focus ring? We would be able to gleam the location of
the object from the bounds supplied by setElementPath(Element element) that
Frank was writing up.