From: Clarke Stevens <C.Stevens@CableLabs.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 23:03:06 -0700
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
CC: "public-web-and-tv@w3.org WG" <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>
For your consideration, the W3C Media Pipeline Task Force is submitting the following response to LC bugs 12399 and 13625.

The following proposal addresses HTML network errors and is responsive to LC bug 12399:

http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/HTML_Error_codes

The following proposal addresses adaptive bit rate media delivery and is responsive to LC bugs 12399 and 13625.

http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/ADR_Minimal_Control_Model_Proposal

We have also done some initial work on parameters, errors and feedback for content protection, but have not had time to thoroughly review this as a group. We have a preliminary proposal (responsive to LC bugs 12399 and 13625) at:

http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/Netflix_Content_Protection

We would like to get your opinion as to whether this proposal should be included with the other two.

As a matter of information, we will continue to develop our recommendations around a "full media control method" (a more complex, but perhaps preferred solution) for ABR as described here:

http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF/ADR_Error_Codes#Architectural_Models

Thank you for your consideration.

-Clarke Stevens
Moderator