Re: HTML-ISSUE-180 (allowpopups): Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox [HTML 5 spec]

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:03:35 -0800
To: Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 8:18 PM, Jacob Rossi <Jacob.Rossi@microsoft.com>wrote:

> We'd prefer this issue resolved now rather than later. I've gone ahead and
> written the change proposal (it seemed like the easiest way to give a
> detailed answer your questions). Included in it is an in depth explanation
> of:
>
>        * Our implementation details
>        * Example real world scenarios for the keyword
>        * Customer requests for the keyword
>        * Other implementers that are implementing our proposal
>
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/sandbox_allow_popups
>
> I'm happy to retract the escalation if we can make the change by amicable
> resolution.

I am happy to apply the above proposal (indeed I reopened the bug recently
because we now have two implementations, and the reason I had marked the
bug LATER was lack of implementation experience). It would be good if it
could be made clear that I would still be able to fix up minor details
later. In particular, this part of the spec is likely to need refactoring
soon to make it easier to reference from the CSP specification. Purely an
editorial matter, but it would likely involve changing the wording for all
the keywords, including 'allow-popups'. The black-box normative aspects
wouldn't be affected.

--
Ian Hickson