W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > December 2011

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-12-01: actions and issues

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 09:24:21 -0800
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Cc: public-html@w3.org
Message-id: <m2ty5kqk6y.fsf@eoconnor.apple.com>
Paul wrote:

> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2011-12-01 for up to 60 minutes from 17:00Z to 18:00Z.

The minutes from this teleconference are available in HTML here:

           http://www.w3.org/2011/12/01-html-wg-minutes.html

or in plain text below.

                      HTML Weekly Teleconference

01 Dec 2011

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2011/12/01-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
   Regrets
   Chair
          rubys

   Scribe
          hober

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]ACTION items due by Thursday, December 1
         2. [5]New Issues This Week
         3. [6]Items Closed Last Week
         4. [7]Items Closing This Week
         5. [8]Items Closing Next Week
         6. [9]New Calls this week
         7. [10]New Surveys this week
         8. [11]Decisions this week
         9. [12]Other Business
        10. [13]scribe for next meeting
        11. [14]Adjournment
     * [15]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 01 December 2011

   <scribe> ScribeNick: hober

ACTION items due by Thursday, December 1

   ACTION-207?

   <trackbot> ACTION-207 -- Paul Cotton to confirm that change proposal
   for av_param is still active -- due 2011-12-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207

     [16] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-207: Confirm that change proposal for
   av_param is still active - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: paul not able to make the call today
   ... will push the action back a week

   ACTION-208?

   <trackbot> ACTION-208 -- Michael[tm] Smith to sync up with Peter St.
   Andre on URL processing draft and report back in two weeks -- due
   2011-12-01 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/208

     [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/208

   <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-208: Sync up with Peter St. Andre on URL
   processing draft and report back in two weeks - HTML Weekly Tracker
   (at www.w3.org)

   <rubys>
   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0194.htm
   l

     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0194.html

   <pimpbot> Title: "How Browsers Process URLs" aka "URL processing
   spec": HTML WG deliverable or I18N WG deliverable? from Michael[tm]
   Smith on 2011-11-21 (public-html@w3.org from November 2011) (at
   lists.w3.org)

   <MFoladare> MFoladare is 7323681000 from AT&T

   rubys: MikeSmith not on call, public status update linked above
   ... we'll close this action

New Issues This Week

   ISSUE-172?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-172 -- restore <rb> as an optional element --
   raised

   <trackbot> [19]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/172

     [19] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/172

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-172: restore as an optional element - HTML
   Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: was raised prematurely, re-resolved and raised again

   ISSUE-182?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-182 -- Advice in spec about annotations promotes
   inaccessible content -- raised

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/182

     [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/182

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-182: Advice in spec about annotations
   promotes inaccessible content - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   ISSUE-183?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-183 -- Enhance and simplify the time element --
   open

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-183: Enhance and simplify the time element -
   HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   ISSUE-184?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-184 -- Add a data element -- open

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/184

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/184

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-184: Add a data element - HTML Weekly Tracker
   (at www.w3.org)

   ISSUE-185?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-185 -- Drop the pubdate attribute -- open

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/185

     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/185

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-185: Drop the pubdate attribute - HTML Weekly
   Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: same underlying bug being pursused as three different issues

Items Closed Last Week

   ISSUE-174?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-174 -- potential conflict between Link: and <link>
   semantics -- open

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

     [24] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-174: potential conflict between Link: and
   semantics - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: call for counter proposals closed

   ISSUE-181?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-181 -- remove remains of "sidebar" link relation --
   open

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181

     [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-181: remove remains of "sidebar" link
   relation - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: got one proposal

   [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0192.htm
   l

     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0192.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Change Proposal for ISSUE-181, was: ISSUE-181:
   remove-sidebar - Chairs Solicit Proposals from Julian Reschke on
   2011-11-20 (public-html@w3.org from November 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

Items Closing This Week

   ISSUE-179?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- {audio,video} require param child (or
   equivalent) -- open

   <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

     [27] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-179: {audio,video} require param child (or
   equivalent) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: Change Proposals due by today
   ... related to ACTION-207

   <glenn> nothing new from me (179)

Items Closing Next Week

   ISSUE-177?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-177 -- References to Internet-Drafts should be
   given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. -- open

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

     [28] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-177: References to Internet-Drafts should be
   given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. - HTML Weekly Tracker (at
   www.w3.org)

   ISSUE-180?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-180 -- Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox --
   open

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

     [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-180: Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox -
   HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: Alternate or Counter Proposals due for both of them by Dec 10

New Calls this week

   ISSUE-133?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-133 -- Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a
   modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) -- open

   <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

     [30] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-133: Add a modal attribute to html5 to
   indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) - HTML Weekly
   Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: Call for Consensus closes Dec 7
   ... we have an updated CP that it looks like we'll have consensus on

   ISSUE-172?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-172 -- restore <rb> as an optional element --
   raised

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/172

     [31] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/172

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-172: restore as an optional element - HTML
   Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: Call for Change Proposals closes Jan 7
   ... additional time given due to holidays

   ISSUE-174?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-174 -- potential conflict between Link: and <link>
   semantics -- open

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

     [32] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-174: potential conflict between Link: and
   semantics - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: Call for Consensus closes Dec 7

   ISSUE-181?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-181 -- remove remains of "sidebar" link relation --
   open

   <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181

     [33] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-181: remove remains of "sidebar" link
   relation - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: Call for Counter or Alternate Change Proposals closes Jan 7

   ISSUE-182?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-182 -- Advice in spec about annotations promotes
   inaccessible content -- raised

   <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/182

     [34] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/182

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-182: Advice in spec about annotations
   promotes inaccessible content - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: Call for Proposals closes Jan 7

   ISSUE-183?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-183 -- Enhance and simplify the time element --
   open

   <trackbot> [35]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

     [35] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-183: Enhance and simplify the time element -
   HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   ISSUE-184?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-184 -- Add a data element -- open

   <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/184

     [36] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/184

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-184: Add a data element - HTML Weekly Tracker
   (at www.w3.org)

   ISSUE-185?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-185 -- Drop the pubdate attribute -- open

   <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/185

     [37] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/185

   <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-185: Drop the pubdate attribute - HTML Weekly
   Tracker (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: Call for Proposals on all three closes Jan 7

   <tantek> what was the feedback?

   rubys: we have proposals on all three, feedback has been posted for
   them
   ... feedback was posted on the list
   ... links to feedback are in the agenda

   <tantek> thanks hober

New Surveys this week

   rubys: there are none

Decisions this week

   rubys: there are none

Other Business

   Open Web Platform Weekly Summary (2011-11-14 to 2011-11-20)

   [38]http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/11/openweb-weekly-20.html

     [38] http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/11/openweb-weekly-20.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2011-11-14 -
   2011-11-20 - W3C Blog (at www.w3.org)

   <rubys> [39]http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/11/openweb-weekly-21.html

     [39] http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/11/openweb-weekly-21.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2011-11-21 -
   2011-11-28 - W3C Blog (at www.w3.org)

   rubys: Dec meeting schedule
   ... no meeting on dec 29th
   ... otherwise dec. weekly meetings will proceed as normal

   ack Julian:

   Julian: do we have an update about the status of the html wg /
   whatwg specs being out of sync?

   rubys: we are actively working it
   ... chairs are meeting tomorrow (friday) on this
   ... jeff jaffe is aware of this
   ... we're looking at 9 separate ways to deal with this
   ... we don't have a resolution yet, but it is a priority for us to
   deal with
   ... any other other business?

   tantek: looking at 3 <time>-related issues mentioned
   ... fourth issue didn't get recorded

   <tantek>
   [40]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0186.htm
   l

     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0186.html

   <pimpbot> Title: Re: noted 3 issues re: time/data (was Re: minutes
   for HTML WG f2f, 2011-11-04, part 1) from Tantek Çelik on 2011-11-19
   (public-html@w3.org from November 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

   tantek: sam had noted the enhancements hixie made to <time> were
   beyond the original proposal

   <tantek> in short:

   <tantek> 4. Enhance the time element to fully represent the date
   time types

   <tantek> that the input element can capture. Most of these are also
   covered by

   <tantek> issue 1, with the exception of year-week only dates and
   thus this is a

   <tantek> delta issue from that issue with a corresponding delta
   change

   <tantek> proposal:

   <tantek> [41]http://www.w3.org/wiki/User:Tantekelik/time_input_match

     [41] http://www.w3.org/wiki/User:Tantekelik/time_input_match

   <pimpbot> Title: User:Tantekelik/time input match - W3C Wiki (at
   www.w3.org)

   rubys: happy to include this in the first issue, or as a new issue

   tantek: fewer issues are better
   ... talked about this at f2f
   ... i'd prefer to keep this separate, since the first issue got at
   least rough consensus at the f2f

   rubys: we did get pushback on the list from people not at the f2f

   tantek: on that specific issue (year-week)

   rubys: not sure

   tantek: the pushback i saw on-list was primarily related to
   pubdate="" and <data>

   rubys: i'll get back to you

   <Zakim> tantek, you wanted to mention 4th issue related to time

scribe for next meeting

   rubys: any volunteers?

Adjournment
Received on Thursday, 1 December 2011 17:24:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 May 2012 00:17:42 GMT