Re: ISSUE-133 modal-attribute - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Ted,
>
> your wrote:
>
> "Being able to dismiss the dialog by using the escape key is usually
> desired, so that's the default behavior, but there are use cases for
> modals in which the user needs to pick from N options where none cleanly
> map onto a "Cancel" action."
>

> my concern is that not providing a method to dismiss a dialog that cannot be
> overidden by the developer may lead to situations where devious developers
> will use this to force users to press a button in the dialog.

...and do what?  The button will just run javascript.  The author can
run javascript themselves, without any user interaction.

> esc can be used to dismiss javascript alert/confirm/prompts I am unsure
> whether this behaviour can be overidden by the author.

This proposal is about elements serving as modal dialogs.  It has
nothing to do with alert prompts.

~TJ