Re: Change made to WAI-ARIA section

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:17:57 +0100
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, HTML WG LIST <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 5:44 PM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> The following was added to the ARIA section of HTML5 yesterday
> "Authors must not set the ARIA roleand aria-* attributes to values that
> match the default implicit ARIA semanticsdefined in the following two
> tables."
> This was not part of any agreed change.
> I request a revert
> of http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=6039&to=6040

I also disagree with the details of this change, but the editor is free
to make such changes per the decision policy.

http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html

We might want to escalate to an Issue, per the Policy, after Step 3; the
bug is still in Step 2.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis