Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-131 caret-location-api

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:20:20 +0100
To: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, jbrewer@w3.org, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could we please avoid boolean arguments wherever possible?

We could define some constants on the canvas context interface for use as
arguments, as with Node.ELEMENT_NODE etc.

Would that be better?

> (I haven't researched the broader issue of canvas accessibility at
> all, so I have no comment on that.  It seems like a small enough loss
> for canvas cursors to not respect user blink rate settings, but if
> it's not, could you work out some API that lets authors honor them
> without knowing them?  I.e., let the author say "I want this to blink
> at the user's blink rate setting", without letting them know what it
> is?)

If you could define a animation for a path in Canvas without being able to query
its frequency, then I guess so. But that sounds more like something
you'd find in a retained mode drawing API?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis