Re: longdesc - beside the box

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 12:12:25 -0500
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Cc: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Hi Silvia and everyone,

> Basically, I was reacting to "thinking outside the box". Maybe
> @longdesc works for video. I'd be happy if it does. I thought I'd just
> describe how I can see a transcription work with a video. What it's
> called in the end is secondary, but should not introduce conflicts
> with other elements.

Using longdesc for other elements was brought up previously. At the
beginning of this month I added an "Expanding longdesc Use" section
[1] to the Change Proposal.  It allows that possibility.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc#Expanding_longdesc_Use

--