Re: False aria-describedby expectations in ARIA Authoring Practices (longdesc)

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:58:23 +0100
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>, Joseph Scheuhammer <clown@alum.mit.edu>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>, HTMLwg <public-html@w3.org>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, David Bolter <dbolter@mozilla.com>
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I would suggest that people who are interested should have  a look at and
> contribute their feedback to the wiki page:
>
> Verbose Descriptor Requirements Feedback
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Talk:Verbose_desc_reqs
>
> lest we end up with an alternative mechanism to longdesc that has the same
> or similar problems.

Mmm. That talk page is for a page that says:

"Note The content of this document was submitted to the HTML WG as
Issue 30 Change Proposal: Include longdesc in HTML5. Please consult
that document for the most recent data, additional information,
rationale, and updated links."

Is the talk page still relevant?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis