Re: CP is incoherent, and the decision is a vague change to the CP

On 04/26/2011 08:59 AM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> The problem we have now is that the chairs have not yet responded to:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Apr/0496.html

Applying the decision as stated and reopening the issue based on new
information are two separate events.

> Until that is done Ian does not know what to do as our change proposal
> requires that canDrawCustom be removed. Currently the Canvas 2D API
> spec. has a bug whereby it allows the author to draw a custom focus ring
> without using the drawFocusRing() function to drive the magnifier.

The decision is clear here: "The change to remove the canDrawCustom
parameter from drawFocusRing is not adopted."

> If the chairs accept the change to remove canDrawCustom then Ian can
> take my spec. text change in the Change Proposal. There is nothing vague
> about doing a cut and paste of the sections. All changes are delimitted
> by <ZZZ> and </ZZZ> as has been requested.

Those changes certainly are clear.

Ian: what is the problem here?

> Rich
>
> Rich Schwerdtfeger