Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 18:27:29 -0400
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Leif Halvard Silli
> So what and for whom would be better by omitting the @alt?

That is not something I ever stated an opinion on.  I was providing
factual evidence, not passing judgment on anything.  The alt text I
cited is clearly "bogus" in the sense that it's added solely to evade
validation errors, without any attempt to actually provide a useful
text alternative to the image.  I make no claims beyond that.

If you have questions about the evidence I provided, of a sort that
would likely be germane should the issue be reopened, then it's
possible this list is a correct place to ask.  Otherwise, I most
likely will not respond further on this list, because (if I interpret
the chairs correctly) such discussion is unwanted here at this point.