Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-155 table-border

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 06:05:43 -0400
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
On 04/15/2011 11:23 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> I'm sorry I did not read the editor's check-in [0] before. Here are two
> additional points. I hope someone spots a clear way out of this ...

In general, there are two basic approaches for dealing with changes that
are found to be inaccurate, incomplete, or go beyond the decision in
ways that are problematic:

1) Agreeing that the change is a reasonable new baseline, and working
with the editor, via discussion and/or bug reports, to refine and
improve the specification.

2) Objecting to a commit on the basis that it doesn't reflect the
decision, and asking that it be reverted.

Going forward, the closer Change Proposals can come to the ideal of
"Exact spec text for the sections to be changed"[1], the less likely we
will have problems such as these.

- Sam Ruby

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#change-proposal