Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-155 table-border

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 22:55:47 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Tab Atkins Jr., Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:32:22 -0700:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> But I believe you agree that it is an error of HTML5's Rendering
>> section to say that border="0" should result in a 1px border.
>
> No, because HTML says nothing of the sort.

I'm glad that we agree that it shouldn't say such a thing.

But with regard to the authority of HTML5's Rendering section and with
regard to whether that section regardless of what you and I think
nevertheless says that border="0" should result in a 1 pixel wide
border when no CSS overrides it, then I point to Aryeh's objection in
the Poll. [1]

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-155-objection-poll/results#xkeepnew
--