Re: Systematic access to media/plugin metadata

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 16:17:12 +0200, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
wrote:

> Henri wrote:
>> In order to maintain the confidentiality properties that browsers now
>> provide, we can't allow metadata to be read cross-origin without *some*
>> participation of the server that serves the image.
>>

> If I can read the image, I should be able to read the metadata.  Why
> would you need to restrict the metadata access if you don't restrict the
> image itself?!?

The "image itself" is restricted. Specifically, you can't read out the
pixel data of cross-origin images, just like one cannot read text or HTML
files from cross-origin resources (without CORS or whatnot).

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer