Re: Revert request for r5981, and moving forward on ISSUE-129

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 08:58:48 +0100
Cc: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, "public-html-request@w3.org" <public-html-request@w3.org>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Hi Maciej,

> So far, there are no objections to Ian's proposed text, linked here:
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/attachment.cgi?id=976&action=edit
>
> Steve has reviewed it and said he can live with it, and believes it is close enough to the decision as written.

As there is only one word difference (in regards to my proposed diff and Ians)
I ask Ian to add 'heading' to the allowable roles as it allowing it is consistent with all other elements that have a default role.

This would save time and effort on the part of all parties. If Ian will not agree It would be appreciated if he can provide a clear technical reason for not doing so.

Ians:

"heading role, with the aria-level property set to the element's outline depth
Role must be either link, menuitem, menuitemcheckbox, menuitemradio,
tab, or treeitem"

mine explcilty allows the headings role, rather than implicitly:

"heading role, with the aria-level property set to the element's outline depth
Role must be either HEADING link, menuitem, menuitemcheckbox,
menuitemradio, tab, or treeitem"

regards
stevef

--
with regards

Steve Faulkner
Technical Director - TPG

www.paciellogroup.com | www.HTML5accessibility.com | www.twitter.com/stevefaulkner
HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives - dev.w3.org/html5/alt-techniques/