RE: Systematic access to media/plugin metadata

From: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 18:10:13 -0700 (PDT)
To: "'Laura Carlson'" <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, "'Eric Carlson'" <eric.carlson@apple.com>
Cc: "'Henri Sivonen'" <hsivonen@iki.fi>, "'Silvia Pfeiffer'" <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, "'Danny Ayers'" <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, <public-html@w3.org>
Laura Carlson wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Thank you very much for the explanation.
>
> >  I would imagine that whatever mechanism we agree on for linking to
> > external long descriptions would work for transcripts as well - as
> long as
> > the descriptions are not in the video file.
>
> That is a possibility all right.

Yes, I think Eric is correct here, something like:

	<video longdesc="path_to_transcript_file">

would be appropriate, although this would then leave us with the problem of
how to provide a longer textual description of the video poster frame...
(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_p_BL4jstTf8/SCsC2nj0Q2I/AAAAAAAAArQ/oUgjlt-zbo0/s400/mpaa_preview.jpg)

(Real World? 3 languages need to be supported here:
http://acessodigital.net/video-html5/video-acessibilidade-en.html)

JF