RE: Systematic access to media/plugin metadata

Laura Carlson wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Thank you very much for the explanation.
>
> >  I would imagine that whatever mechanism we agree on for linking to
> > external long descriptions would work for transcripts as well - as
> long as
> > the descriptions are not in the video file.
>
> That is a possibility all right.

Yes, I think Eric is correct here, something like:

 <video longdesc="path_to_transcript_file">

would be appropriate, although this would then leave us with the problem of
how to provide a longer textual description of the video poster frame...
(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_p_BL4jstTf8/SCsC2nj0Q2I/AAAAAAAAArQ/oUgjlt-zbo0/s400/mpaa_preview.jpg)

(Real World? 3 languages need to be supported here:
http://acessodigital.net/video-html5/video-acessibilidade-en.html)

JF