Re: Systematic access to media/plugin metadata

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 22:42:29 +1000
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>, public-html@w3.org
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote:

>> I don't think we were talking about RDF - I certainly wasn't. I was
>> thinking about exposing one struct, such as
>
> XMP is Adobe's way of encapsulating (a subset of) RDF/XML inside a host file.

That's Adobe's way of encapsulating it. But what it provides is just
metadata. Other formats do it in a different way. The Media
Annotations WG have identified a large set of files that have such
metadata, see http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-mediaont-10-20100608/#mapping-table
.

I was only referring to the abstract concept of encapsulated metadata.

Cheers,
Silvia.