Re: example spec text for longdesc

Hi Leif and Geoff,

Leif wrote:
>  default/not-deefault might not need to be specced, as such.

Okay. What we have currently in the example spec text that I drafted
doesn't mention default/not-default indicators. It says:

"User agents should allow users to follow such description links. To
obtain the corresponding description link, the value of the attribute
must be resolved relative to the element. User agents should provide
the user an option or preference to access the content via a device
independent mechanism. For specific details consult the User Agent
Accessibility Guidelines (UAAG 2.0) and its implementation documents.
Since an img element may be within the content of an a element, the
user agent's mechanism in the user interface for accessing the
"longdesc" resource of the former must be different than the mechanism
for accessing the href resource of the latter."
http://www.d.umn.edu/~lcarlson/research/ld-spec-text.html

Instead of "option or preference" should say "method or way". Would
that be better?

> So in a summary: No MAY. Rather a conditional MUST.

Leif, Geoff, and everyone can you live with it being a SHOULD?

> Plus you should
> expand the spec tex with text for HTML5's Rendering section.

What do other people think of this idea?

Best Regards,
Laura

--
Laura L. Carlson