Re: role="subheading" or role="subtitle" to replace hgroup

From: Dean Leigh <dean.leigh@deanleigh.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 14:21:23 +0100
To: <public-html@w3.org>
I would like to hear from any Google (or other Search Engine)
representatives on the list how hgroup and the use of multiple H1s will
affect SEO for the millions of sites that deliberately only use H1 in
tandem with <title> to ensure good SEO and consistent listing in SERPs?

Also what advice they will be giving Content Managers in future to
ensure good categorisation of web pages in future.

Personally I have enough trouble getting my content providers to use
headings hierarchically and write meaningful headings, I think hgroup is
a recipe for chaos.

Regards,

Dean Leigh